Sunday, April 16, 2017

A Clearing Season - Easter Sunday

To be honest, there really isn't much else that needs to be said.  Our whole purpose, our whole lives center on this one truth.  He is risen!  He is risen indeed!

As we move from the gut-wrenching week of Holy Week, from the celebration and excitement of Palm Sunday, to the betrayal and denial of Maundy Thursday, to the ultimate suffering of Good Friday, we know that in the end, the love of Jesus Christ can conquer anything.  So little matters in our ordinary lives, the only thing that matters is the cross, the empty tomb and the promise of Easter.

I really have very little to say, I've said enough over the last six weeks.  I know I have a lot to work on, but as I've noted, I'm still a work in progress, and God isn't finished with me yet.  I know I struggle with those that are on the periphery, those who need me to see them as the beautiful children of God that they are, and I need to work on that.  I know I have to use the ultimate prayer more often, "Thy will be done", and I plan to work on that too.

This Lenten Journey has been painful, it has led to a great deal of self-examination, and I've seen a great deal of the flaws that dominate my life.  But I've also been able to see and accept that I have some positive traits that I bring to the relationships in my life.  The greatest thing that this Lenten Journey has provided me is that there have been some who have traveled with me the entire way, and I appreciate that.  And I also have some who have jumped in at various points, and I appreciate that too.  As I like to say, if I can reach at least one or two people through my blog posts, I view it as a success.

I put "Sandy's Benediction" as my wallpaper on my computer for my Lenten Journey, and I think I'll keep it for a while as I move on for the rest of the journey.  To close, here are those words that I'll do my best to live by:



1 comment: